Friday, January 25, 2013

JOBY GorillaPod - Flexible Views



The JOBY company has been in my sub-conscious for quite some time. Their start pretty much coincided with my arrival here at photographic software company Nik Software (recently purchased by Google). As such, I'd see them at trade shows and events, coming away favorably impressed by the fit and finish of their flexible tripods, such as the JOBY GorillaPod. Very clever group of people!


One of the first things I did at Nik was to begin working with the team responsible for a consumer product which later morphed into Snapseed, the company's multi award-winning mobile app. As I did my research into what consumers were interested in, it was hard not to trip over the JOBY GorillaPod which was just making its entrance into the marketplace.

Because of the attractive flexible tripod legs of the GorillaPod, they were media "darlings" in the popular press, eye candy for photo gadget freaks like me, and essential for any photographer who wanted to glue their small camera to remarkable places.  I recall seeing photographers mounting cameras with GorillaPods to highway overpasses, pipes on the side of buildings, tree limbs and everything in-between.

Joby.com

Recently, JOBY made a model with magnets for feet so you can easily stick it to metal surfaces. You can explore the JOBY Flickr Group here and see lots of pictures of the GorillaPod in action.

As I explored their site recently, I also found a nice iPhone mount called a JOBY GripTight - I've been looking for one of these to go along with my Olloclip-equipped iPhone 5 (got this awesome lens system from Bongo Bytes!).

This makes an awesome viewing or shooting station when paired with their mini tripod, called a GripTight Micro Stand. You can even mount the GripTight to a regular tripod, which makes it super-easy to use anywhere.

So, I'm a big believer in the JOBY products like GorillaPod and GripTight. If you want to pick one or both of them up, just click below in this blog post and shop at the JOBY store to get free shipping here in the Continental U.S.. I'll get paid a few shekels if you buy, by the way.

Free US ground shipping on all Gorillapods, GorillaMobiles, and GorillaTorches only at the Official JOBY Store!






No comments: