Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Fever Pitch

It's a hallmark of blogging I suppose that posts should be somewhat timely - not as timely let's say as Twitter, but at least current. Well... hearing the real time chatter of folks who are taking delivery of their new F650GSs and F800GSs here in the U.S.A. has become a real obsession of mine!



I've been in pretty regular contact with SD BMW Motorcycles and, while they don't know exactly when the bikes will arrive (how can that be true?!), they have said my bike was in the BMW Warehouse on 8/15 AND that just this afternoon (8/26/08) two F650GSs hit their showroom.

I'm anxious, and hopeful that mine will be delivered and ready by the end of the week (just in time for a 3-day weekend to break it in... Of course, it will be the Dark Metallic Magesium color and look much cooler than the bike above. ;-)).

Edit - 8/29/08: got word yesterday afternoon that the dealership had been "invoiced" for the bike. According to Gary Orr, this means that it is on a truck and en route. He doesn't expect it to arrive by the Labor Day w/e, but next week. I'm ordering Farkles and getting my gear ready! ;-)

No comments: