Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Warming to Mitt Romney

Warming to Mitt Romney

I'll be the first to admit that though I've historically been interested in politics, I'm pissed that everything has cranked up so early (what would Hunter Thompson say?!)

Since I met him, I've looked up to my former boss and friend Kevin Carmony. I admire him as an independent thinker, honest plain-speaker, business-savvy, and fun-loving. He's got a good blog too.

Count on KC to have one finger on the pulse and the other finger pointing towards what appears to be the right candidate for our chaotic times - Mitt Romney. The more I see and hear Mitt, the more I like him. The more I see the other candidates, the less Presidential they appear.

The National Review, a magazine of political opinion founded by author William F. Buckley, Jr in 1955, recently threw their weight behind Mitt. the publication generally provides conservative views and analysis on the world's current events.

"Our guiding principle has always been to select the most conservative viable candidate. In our judgment, that candidate is Mitt Romney, the former governor of Massachusetts. Unlike some other candidates in the race, Romney is a full-spectrum conservative..."

Look, I'll admit I'm not the most political of creatures, but like most I have my "hot button" issues. I want the U.S. to be energy independent and correct our trade imbalance; I want us to take a serious look at the effectiveness of the UN; I believe we need to control our borders and deal with the illegal immigrants currently in the U.S. - probably by over-hauling our lame paralyzed immigration and naturalization service; I want the U.S. to resolve Iraq and re-constitute our warfighter policies around the new world order of Terrorism, doing what it takes domestically and internationally (including secret sh*t) to prevent the senseless jihads; I want us to assist the poor, but not through give-outs; I want to facilitate a health care plan that doesn't break the backs of the American tax-payer (already stretched to our limits); and, I want the U.S. to continue to Dream Big (as in disease control, space exploration, life improvement). We are the greatest nation currently running on this Earth and I see no reason why democracy can't sustain for another millennium.

I'm not asking for much, am I? LOL. Well... what I am asking for is an honest leader with a strong moral compass, clear thinking, and a desire that the U.S. remain a strong country for generations. Is Mitt the man that can make that happen? I'm one of I'm sure many Americans watching closely.

1 comment:

Kevin Carmony said...

You won't regret it! Go Mitt!

Kevin Carmony