Monday, November 05, 2007

Photo Plus East & NYC

Photo Plus East & NYC

Two weeks ago I had the pleasure of traveling on bizness for Nik Software to New York City. I had been at least a decade since I'd been in the City, and it was everything I remembered and more. We worked, ate, drank, slept, and worked some more. The Photo Plus East show is one of the biggest in the U.S. to be dedicated exclusively to Photography.

Our big introduction was Color Efex Pro 3.0, an update to our most popular Adobe Photoshop plug-in. Sporting a brand-new GUI and a raft of new filters, it was a bonafide hit at the show and made for quite a busy booth. My goal for the show was to sell 100 units of software or more, and with a solid effort from everyone we sold nearly 140 units. But man were we all hustling!

Having traveled all across the country, I decided to take an extra day on Sunday to kick around the city and take some pictures. I visited Ground Zero, Wall Street, Greenwich Village, Central Park and Times Square all in about 6 hours or so - whew! One of my absolute favorite images of NYC was the nearly ubiquitous "water tower." I never noticed there were so danged many of these.


Here in CA, water just comes out of the pipes from I'm sure a long ways away. It's weird to think of tons of water just above your head. Hmmm...

Here are some other images "from the street."





I'm looking forward to taking the kids to NYC and showing them a real city, a walking city that lives and breathes...

No comments: